HKU-SCF Scholarship in Financial Technology for BASc (FinTech) Programme is Now Open for Applications!
For Academic Year 2021/22
Application Deadline: 30 June 2021
The University of Hong Kong – Standard Chartered Hong Kong 150th Anniversary Community Foundation FinTech Academy (“the HKU-SCF FinTech Academy”) was established in 2020 with a mission to make a sustainable impact in FinTech by grooming world-class talents and leading innovative research to further strengthen Hong Kong’s position as an international financial centre.
HKU-SCF Scholarship in Financial Technology is one of the initiatives of the HKU-SCF FinTech Academy, supported by the Standard Chartered Hong Kong 150th Anniversary Community Foundation, aiming to attract and nurture elite students who will be supporting the future development of FinTech in Hong Kong and other parts of the world.
For the academic year 2021/22, up to 8 scholarships will be offered for BASc(FinTech) students with outstanding academic performance:
- 2 full scholarships, each at the value of up to HK$200,000
- Entrance scholarships, each at the value of HK$50,000
The Bachelor of Arts and Sciences (Financial Technology) [BASc(FinTech)] programme is designed to nurture financial technologists and entrepreneurs with essential knowledge in both finance and technology, so they can take leading roles in innovation and applications of financial technology.
An emerging interdisciplinary area with very high impact on the economy of every society, this programme combines computing, finance, and policies and regulations to give students a thorough grounding in FinTech.
Testimonials from the Scholarship Recipients
The following are excerpts from thank you letters from the recipients of the HKU-SCF Scholarship in Financial Technology:
I thank you sincerely for giving me this confidence and motivation. I shall study hard and equip myself with the relevant knowledge for working in the field of Financial Technology upon graduation.
Your generosity has inspired me even more to give back and contribute to the community. I really hope that one day, I will be capable enough to help students who are passionate about their studies to achieve their goals just as you have helped me.
How to apply for the Scholarship?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
HKU-SCF Scholarship in Financial Technology is open to students who are:
- Hong Kong Permanent Residents
- Outstanding academic achievements in the past three years
- Prospective students for the BASc(FinTech) Programme, The University of Hong Kong
Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee the award of a scholarship. The Scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis and is at the sole discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee.
Scholarship will be awarded only if the applicant has been selected by the Selection Committee and has been admitted to the BASc(FinTech) Programme, The University of Hong Kong.
An application is considered complete only if it is accompanied by the following documents:
- A completed HKU-SCF Scholarship in Financial Technology Scholarship Application Form (signed and stamped by current school attending)
- Copies of School Report Cards for the past three academic years
- Copies of any certificates / award letters / proof of scholarships listed in the application form
- Any other documents regard as appropriate to support the application (optional)
- Applicant must complete the application form (scan and save in PDF format) and attach the required documents (in PDF/JPEG/JPG format), email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: 30 June 2021
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview with the Scholarship Selection Committee
- Scholarship will be awarded only if the applicant has been selected by the Selection Committee and has been admitted to the BASc(FinTech) Programme Programme, The University of Hong Kong
- HKU-SCF FinTech Academy may invite outstanding candidates who have admitted into the BASc(FinTech) Programme, The University of Hong Kong to apply for the scholarship.